Okay, a few of you may remember about a month or so ago, I made a FanPost about how I had gone through some turbulence in regard to my ability to attend tonight's game. However, due to the benevolence of a certain someone here who requested anonymity, I was given two tickets! However, my friend had to cancel on me last minute, and the rest of my crew be trippin', yo! (That's right, I'm gansta!) So I have an extra ticket, and so I figured the only fair way to decide who gets it is by way of trivia contest!
These questions all pertain to things OTHER than hockey (some are sports related, others not so much) that I personally have interest in (for the record, I'm a theatre major with a music minor -
search Wikipedia think accordingly). I will ask ten (10) questions, which you can answer VIA EMAILING ME at email@example.com. Feel free to answer in the comments for fun, but I don't want to give someone who takes this at 2 pm to have an unfair advantage over someone who checks it at 10 am because other people have been answering all day (hopefully). ANSWERS IN THE COMMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The contest will end at 3:00 PM central time today, at which time the winner (the one who gets the most right, obviously) will be notified via email.
Good luck, and...uh-go!
1. Going into today's first round of the NCAA FCS playoffs, the Southern Illinois Salukis (GO DAWGS!) are ranked #1 in two of the three FCS polls. What year was the last - and only - time that SIU has won the National Championship in football? A) 1993 B) 1983 C) 1973 D) 1987
2. When he first entered America, this famous playwright was asked "Do you have anything to declare?" and simply replied "Only my brilliance." A) Oscar Wilde B) Anton Chekov C) Arthur Miller D) George Bernard Shaw
3. Coldstone Creamery - the single greatest ice cream store in the world (and I will fight you if you disagree) - was founded in this southwestern state. A) New Mexico B) Texas C) Arizona D) Oklahoma
4. Which Arena Football League team did AFL great Barry Wagner play for? A) Orlando Predators B) Albany/Indiana Firebirds C) San Jose SaberCats D) A and C E) none of these
5. What famous Broadway song did The Beatles record a cover of on their first American album? A) "Tonight" from West Side Story B) "Everything's Coming Up Roses" from Gypsy C) "Luck Be a Lady Tonight" from Guys & Dolls D) "Till There Was You" from The Music Man
6. True or False: The St. Louis Cardinals have never been involved in a pitcher's perfect game.
7. True or False: The Godfather won the most Academy Awards in 1972.
8. True or False: The Phantom of the Opera is the longest-running musical in the history of New York City.
9. True or False: The forward pass in American football was first developed in St. Louis.
10. True or False: The Brandenburg Concertos were composed by Mozart.
TIEBREAKER (in the event of a tie, the most creative answer to this question gets the ticket):
What will be the name of the sequel to Snakes of a Plane?
Times up - please email me your answers at firstname.lastname@example.org - once again, answers in the comments are welcome, but will not be considered for the ticket.