You know why I like hockey? No fucking rain delays. Game says it starts at 6:30 p.m., well then it starts at 6:30. You don't have to spend 30 minutes sitting around staring at a tarp and wondering when the damn game is going to start. Oh ... yeah ... how 'bout those Pens?
- From CCR ... Jarmo is now a czar? Cool? [Yahoo! Sports]
- The Penguins beat the Red Wings. Awesome. [TSN]
- PensBurgh wants to kiss Rob Scuderi. [PensBurgh]
- Marc-Andre Fleury stepped up for the Penguins. 'Bout time, top draft pick. [Puck Daddy]
- The NHL channels Dr. Evil with its "relocation" fee. [Puck Daddy]
- Killer Hiller passes along a story about the social media battle for the Coyotes. [WSJ]
- Ever wonder why I don't link to hockey buzz? [Hockeybuzz Hogwash]
- Seriously hockey can thrive in Atlanta. Dan Waddell says so. [AJC]
- I'm gonna pour some of my Olde English this weekend out for a fallen homie. Fare thee well, my childhood idol. That is if Curtis Joseph actually retires. [Sportsnet.ca]
- Ray Emery is going to be a Flyer. [Broad Street Hockey]
- Brent Sutter leaves the Devils. [TSN]
- Chris Gift passes along a dynamite link with this comment: "You know...sometimes summer is great, but then there are jort wearers, and I have a hard time with those." Coudn't agree more. I live in jort country and ... yeah. Stop. Please. [Jorts]
- From PCS: Rock and Roll (and Pokemon) is evil. [Backmasking]
- PCS also passes this MySpace page along. Will the person who made this please stand up and receive your prize. [MySpace]
- 30 Rock is the Muppet Show. [Brian Lynch]
Zach Morris is back. [Warming Glow]
When I think of St. Louis Game Time, I think of a crowd that would love watching an adolescent black kid rap about wanting to be Jewish. Doc Whiskey agrees.
That will do for Wednesday. Hit up gametimelinks (at) gmail.com with cool shit. Or if you just want to say hi.