Will this week ever end?
- Blues vs. Wilds tonight. [Blues]
- Gillespie, Ill. natives Mike and Austin Cook are the 10,000th season ticket holders. They got to meet Andy Murray, Erik Johnson, Carlo Colaiacovo and Alex Pietrangelo. I'm assuming they did this for the other 9,999 people who gave a damn to get tickets before September. [Blues]
- Couple of things to look for in this blog post about the team's new pregame video. One, Jay McClement, Andy McDonald, Paul Kariya, Keith Tkachuk, David Backes AND Barret Jackman are all wearing the alternate 'A.' No. 2, Darryl Sydor is on the team. He's in the shot (No. 44 behind Jackman), in sight and not an out-of-focus background character like Ben Bishop. [Morning Skate]
- Cam Janssen dominates the shootout and more in this blog from Norm Sanders. [Belleville News-Democrat]
- David Perron is maturing, so much so that even old men like Andy Murray and Tkachuk like him. [Stltoday.com]
- Sydor is trying to win a spot many (including me) believe he has sewn up. [Belleville News-Democrat]
- Barry Tallackson is out of camp. [OurSports Central]
- Wednesday's action. [Yahoo!]
- Thursday's games. [Yahoo!]
- ESPN tackles realignment. What I learned? John Buccigross is insane, Pierre LeBrun doesn't understand travel costs, Barry Melrose thinks divisions complicate things and Scott Burnside wants a vagabond team. Really, the NHL needs ESPN back? With insight like this? [ESPN]
- Peter Forsberg can't quit hockey. [ESPN]
- Not a lot of news here, I'm just a huge Curtis Joseph fan. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- Manny Malholtra knows the way San Jose ... and Fear the Fin seems to like the move. [Fear the Fin]
- Olaf Kolzig is calling it a career, and a fine one at that. [TSN]
- Jim Balsillie says he would keep the Coyotes in Phoenix for this season. Gee, how nice. [ESPN]
- I'm not a Northwestern fan, nor a shill for SB Nation (they don't pay me enough), but I have to share with you all the blog with best name ever. Kudos, Sippin' on Purple, for having an awesome name. [Sippin' On Purple]
- A place for stoners to put their ideas they get when they are high. My buddy in college would record his thoughts into a tape recorder -- his "best" idea was to replace outfield warning tracks with trampolines. [highIdeas]
- A look at all the McDonalds in the United States. [The Daily What]
- The combover is not a good look. [Yep, Yep]
This is, without a doubt, the weirdest thing you will see all day: A man dressed up to look like a deer. Posing. You've been warned.
Ok that was creepy. Non-creepy video after the jump.
That's it for today. Gametimelinks(at)gmail.com