The Chicago Blackhawks sure do know how to fill column inches — and they don't even have to play to do it.
- Blues vs. Canucks tonight. Get some rest today, the game doesn't start until 9 p.m. CST. [ESPN]
- The Canucks defense is pretty banged up. [The Canadian Press]
- This headline sounds more badass than it is, but really it's just saying the David Backes isn't going anywhere. [Vancouver Sun]
- T.J. Oshie, a natural center, is doing well in the middle. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- The most popular man on any team is always the No. 2. Remember when Keith Null was so much better than Kyle Boller who was so much better than Marc Bulger when in reality they all suck? Same with the Blues. Ty Conklin is not much better than Chris Mason — they're about the same. [Morning Skate]
- Patrick Kane, John Madden and Kris Versteeg like to party. As I told PCS last night, I have no problem with these guys having a good time, but put away the camera. Also, this confirms that Kane is a huge douchebag since I've never known anyone who strips at a party to be a cool person. [Orland Kurtenblog]
- The Blackhawks are aware of the pics and are dealing with it internally. [Chicago Breaking Sports News]
- The Kings and Thrashers are talking about Ilya Kovalchuk. [Jewels from the Crown]
- Speaking of the Thrashers, Nik Antropov may be the best Atlanta forward this season. Thoughts, Hildy? [Bird Watchers Anonymous]
- Rick DiPietro, the model of health throughout his career, is in year three of his 15-year deal. Is that a good contract? [From the Rink]
- Sheldon Souray isn't asking for a trade, but if he is traded he has a list of teams he'd like he'd like to join. [TSN]
- Jamal Mayers wants out of Toronto. He's been given permission to seek a trade. [TSN]
- Clint Malarchuk's life is just one thing after another. He was just busted for a DUI in Nevada. [TSN]
- Patrice Cormier is appealing his suspension. [ESPN]
- Mike Danton is ready to play college hockey. [ESPN]
- Tuesday's results. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Seven games for Wednesday. [Yahoo! Sports]
- SkyMall is full of ridiculous items. Here are some of the "best." [Buzzfeed]
- When naming your food, please make sure it's not cool in any language. [Banned In Hollywood]
- Scott, like me, hates Family Circus. [Scott Meets Family Circus]
- Jesus is on Twitter. Warning: This account is not verified. [Twitter]
Feeling like some music today, but I just can't wait for the road music. Luckily, Childhood Trauma is here to help out.
gametimelinks(at)gmail.com. Come back for the GDT. That's an order.