1. Take the C from Brewer. Tell him "You are bearing too much of a load. Concentrate on your Hockey, not your leadership.
2. Give the C to Backes: Tell him "This is your reward and wake up call. A captain doesn't sleep through 20 games. Let this C motivate you."
3. To Jackman: "I am taking the A away from you for your play (you are not a pinch in defencemen) and giving it back to you for your grit. Don't lose it"
4. To Boyes: "Go stand in front of an empty net and just shoot the puck. You naturally pick the corners. When you try to pick the corners, you naturally shoot wide. There's no excuse for an NHL goal scorer to miss the net. Shoot at the net, not the corners...that will come naturally."
5. To Perry: "3 moves on a player and a deke shame on your d-man, 3 moves on a player and lose the puck shame on you." Play simple for 2 periods. Save your stuff for when we need you in the clutch."
Hope Walt's mouth feels OK this morning. After last night we're all in a bit of pain...