First game I see in person since the 2009 playoffs just happens to be Jay McClement's three-goal extravaganza. Pretty sweet. Thanks, Gravy and the Beer Sherpa.
- For one night, Jay McClement was an offensive star ... even if he did score a goal off his shoulder, a cheap rebound and a tip shot. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Adios, Nathan Oystrick. Thanks for playing. Side note: Gallagher and I saw not one but two Oystrick jerseys on Saturday. Gotta be family, right? [Blues]
- Jaroslav Halak may not have a shutout streak going, but he's still good. [BND]
- Alex Ovechkin scored two goals in 12 seconds on just wicked shots. Dude is pretty good at this game we call hockey. [SB Nation]
- Want to know why Ilya Kovalchuk went to LA for a recruiting trip? His wife. [Jewels From The Crown]
- Zach Parise is dealing with a lower-body injury ... that he first injured in August. [In Lou We Trust]
- The Tennessean in Nashville doesn't really know who Pavel Datsyuk is. See Wings' fans what you have done, you've created a myth so large that dumb journos think Datsyuk is a d-man. [On the Forecheck]
- Puck Daddy gets Halloween crazy. No love for the Blues' gallery that was posted here, though.[Puck Daddy]
- Jason Pominville failed a test that Cam Janssen passed. Tough break, Jason. [TSN]
- Some dude made some vintage travel posters with a Star Wars theme. If you're a nerd, you should dig these. [Steve Thomas]
- If you ever find yourself contemplating getting a toupee, just don't. Don't. [EgoTV]
- A website where you are free to brag about whatever you want. That's weird, I thought that's what Facebook was for, right Nate. [Never Ashamed]
Silent Jay's first ever hat trick ... in high def. I wish I would've brought my hat so I could've thrown it.
That's all, folks. We'll be less Jay McClement-themed tomorrow. Maybe.