Pretty much sums things up, eh? (Photo by John Grieshop/Getty Images)
If you were to tell me at 6 p.m. on Wednesday that the Blues would give up eight goals to the Blues Jackets, lose by seven and lose T.J. Oshie to a broke ankle in the next three hours I wouldn't have believed you. That all just happened. Ugh.
- The winner of the Dan O'Neill unrelated lede goes to ... the United States Census. If you had that in your pool, please claim your prize at the front desk. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- T.J. Oshie broke his ankle and will need to go under the knife. Just the worst news really. [Morning Skate]
- JR Live! at 1 p.m.[JR Live]
- The Blues 7-defender lineup was working but I think that may change tonight. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Eric Brewer bristles at being called old, but he's leading the young Blues' d-corps. [BND]
- Davis Payne said the Blues are just not a hot goalie. Note: This was before the debacle in C-Bus. [BND]
- John Davidson is going to be on the radio. [NHL]
- Nick Drazenovic got the call before Wednesday's game. With Oshie sidelined, I think Draz might get to put on the uni. [PJ Star]
- From the Rink got the "Look at the Blues!" article out just in time for the team to shit the bed. [From the Rink]
- There was much rejoicing in the land of Columbus—and rightfully so. Also, I'm glad I'm not the only to notice the game got out of hand and the refs took too long to take control. [The Cannon]
- The Blues and Blue Jackets had a pre-game fight ... over soccer. I'm going to guess the Blues lost that one, too. [Puck-Rakers Blog]
- Davis Payne has been named to the ECHL All-Decade Team as the head coach. Not too bad. [Blues]
- Marian Gaborik is back after missing 12 games with an injury. [ESPN New York]
- Being an NHL defender at a young age is a tough job. Just ask the Blues. [TSN]
- Hoo boy this is bad. Ilya Kovalchuk might have topped Dennis Wideman in the shootout fails book. Kovie will be in the KHL next year if this keeps up. [Puck Daddy]
- The Puck Father breaks down the new All Star Game. [Puck Daddy]
- The NHL, Twitter and what should be done. [Puck Daddy]
- Patrons of a comic book store are surprisingly geeky. [Our Valued Customers]
- Bored and need something to do? Let the internet be your guide. [What The Fuck Should I Do Today?]
- Pictures from the first atomic bomb ... or game photos from last night in Columbus. You decide. [theBrigade]
- Two hundred video game characters are recreated to look like Mega Man. Cool, if you're a nerd. [Joystiq]
Get better T.J. Oshie. Fast.
Just remember the Blue Jackets' game was just one game. The Blues are back in action tonight. Be here. Or else.
Happy Veterans Day, everyone. Thank a Vet if you see one. I know we have a few around here—Gallagher, Tomorrows Blues, Spectr. Thanks.