Jeff Gordon asks if we'd like to see Kovalev wearing the Note. My first thought would be "no," my second thought would be "hell no," and my third thought would be "Hey, look at all that snow? Anybody want to go sledding all damn day?"
Like Joe said in an earlier column, the injury bug is a bitch, but it's no reason to overreact. If there's a good deal presented, I'd have to imagine Armstrong will pull the trigger. However, it isn't going to pull itself out of nowhere. This ain't GM mode on NHL 11.
- Oshie's keeping a positive mindset while he focuses on his prank war with Bergie. [Post-Dispatch]
- Gordon is right on with his headline concerning Kovalev's fit with the Blues. He'd sign something for Perron and then loaf about in the neutral zone. No thanks. [Post-Dispatch]
- 2-1 loss by way of the shootout. [Post-Dispatch]
- Carolina fans saw it thusly. [Canes Country]
- Norm Sanders recalls the near misses that left us on the short end of things. [BND]
- Use a spin move in a shootout and start a controversy: "Do you have to "earn" the right to be flashy?" No, no you don't. If your team has an issue with what someone else did, mark the next game against them and light 'em up then. Besides, this shit was pulled in a shootout. [TSN]
- Sad DiPietro is sad. Beaten by a shot right off the faceoff at the hands of Bryan Little. [Puck Daddy]
- In a cap space deal, Marco Sturm goes to the Kings for practically nothing. [Stanley Cup of Chowder]
- Lord of pastries, King Donut I sends along a hell of an idea over at Fear the Fin: Player-themed Christmas Carols. If you feel inclined to do so, write one up in the FanPost. [Fear the Fin]
- Cracked loves debunking movie myths. You wouldn't survive these injuries in real life. [Cracked]
- Empire Strikes Back, as told by Facebook. [Dorkly]
- 11 celebrities who are badasses off the camera. Of course Samuel L. Jackson makes the list. [Cracked]
- Football broadcast maps: Which games on what network are in your area? [the506]
Time to gear up for Detroit.
Averagejoe comes back for the Monday-Friday. He can be found at gametimelinks (at) gmail.com