The first games back for Polak and Pietrangelo left plenty to be desired, but there's no doubting that the Blues defensive pairings will be better over the long haul with those two back in the line-up.
- Dan O' Neill makes a Three Dog Night reference in his latest recap. One is, indeed, a lonely fucking number. [Post-Dispatch]
- Can Jay McClement beat Atlanta virtually by himself again in their second meeting? That'd be damn nice if it happened. Game starts at 6 tonight. Gather round for an Old Tyme Radio GDT [Blues.com]
- Jackman and Chase didn't agree on how to handle Joe Thornton's return. [Post-Dispatch]
- We might be struggling to find W's with all the injuries and lack of offense, but consider where this franchise was a little less than five years ago. Keep in mind we didn't have "Fuck Detroit" back then. [St. Louis Game Time]
- Might next year be the year for NHL games to return to ESPN? Paul Kelly thinks so. [Puck Daddy]
- Other netminders, including Panger, weigh in on how to fix Steve Mason for the Blue Jackets. [Columbus Dispatch]
- Waffles continue to fly in Toronto. [Puck Daddy]
- Meet Dan Craig, the guy who makes sure the outdoor rinks used for Winter Classics don't suck. [TSN]
- One punch KO videos always have a special place in my heart. Deryk Engelland takes it to Taylor Pyatt. [Puck Daddy]
- BizNasty's greatest Tweets. He is the Wayne Gretzky of professional athlete twitter users. [Pensburgh]
- This guide will help you the next time you take a dump internationally. [Where do I put the paper?]
- This least fascinating people list does not feature Toews. Other than that, I completely agree. [Uproxx]
- UIWWildthing loves a good NHL '94 reference. This team nailed the old and pixelated celebratory poses like true champions of
video gamehockey. [BC Local]
On my list of "Blues Players That I Didn't Expect To Have A YouTube Reel," you'd find Terry Yake somewhere above Christian LaFlamme but below Jim Carey. Interpret that however you'd like.
Anybody else still have Christmas shopping to finish up? Why the hell do I always wait this long? Stupid.
I'm off to go fight traffic and elbow blue-haired ladies who think they're going to beat me to the last hot ticket item in the store.
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com