I couldn't hold a candle to the guy on skates, but at a charity event in Chesterfield, PCS's team beat Soupy's squad in a game of broomball on Friday night. Score was tied 1-1 after regulation, with the tiebreaker being Time of Possession since it was a tournament and they had to keep it moving. We won that handily. Even sweeter for me, is that I potted our team's goal. As a guy who usually plays D, firing one into the back of the net is a seriously happy feeling. I should do that shit more often.
But enough about me, let's get to the links.
- The Blues got out their thesaurus and started "lamenting" inconsistent play at home. And at any other place.
- Blues/Hawks. 7 PM on FS-MW. Whoa, Doc, this is heavy.
- Oh, well at least we were interested in Kovalchuk. Meh.
- Kovalchuk tallies two assists in his Devils debut. Devils 4 Leafs 3
- The Lightning(s) are under new management. Sale finally settled.
- Puck Daddy gets all the good interviews. Ilya speaks with the Yahoo hockey blog about the trade.
- Brendan Burke, youngest of six Brian Burke kids, has passed away as a result of injuries sustained in a car accident
- All the scores from Friday.
- Saturday's slate.
- What the fuck is broomball?
- These women may be hot, but they sure as hell are not as geeky as they lead on.
- Chivalry is dead.
- Street signs.
- This guy doesn't have a lot going for him in the stereotype department.
Super Mario Rap.
Like I said last week, you tell me when this gets old and I'll quit posting it.
Come back for the game thread. Blues/Hawks. Holy jumpin' it's gonna be a good one.
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com