It's funny, on a night when the Blues were on the power play nine times, that after the game I felt like the refs had screwed the team. Nice whistle, asshole.
Oh, hello. This is Weekend Daddy right now. Since he's busy, I'm putting on my blogging slippers and doing the Sunday thing. You ready?
- Blues loss to Chicago 2-1. If you read my comments in the Game Day Thread, you may know that I'm a bit pessimist. However, I couldn't fit in with the assclowns that comment on the PD site. Every loss is on Brewer, Jackman and Tkachuk — never mind that all three had very good games. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Antti Niemi was very, very sharp last night. [Chicago Sun-Times]
- The Blues made a run at Ilya Kovalchuk, but balked at including T.J. Oshie. I really like the way Oshie plays, but I see him developing into a shut-down two-way player who puts up 40 to 50 points a year. Yeah that's great, but 50 goals > 50 points. I'm beginning to think young Osh is seriously overvalued by brass because he's a fan favorite. [Belleville News-Democrat]
- Ty Conklin has a sweet hat and mustache. He does not have a sweet home record. [USA Today]
- Erik Johnson, who has shown flashes of being worthy of the No. 1 overall pick and flashes of just being average, is focusing on playing defense. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- To get you ready for prospect Sunday ... an article on David Warsofsky. [Boston Herald]
- Scores from Saturday. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! games. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Jean-Sebastien Giguere is shutting teams out like it's his job. I mean, it is his job and all, but Vesa Toskala wasn't doing it. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- Good news: Jordin Tootoo signed an extension with Nashville meaning we get to see his annoying ass all the time still. [TSN]
- The Red Wings have given up on Ville Leino, dealing him to the Flyers for Ole-Kristian Tollefsen and a fifth-round pick in the 2011 NHL draft. [TSN]
- The Leafs remembered Brendan Burke and Mark Reedy last night. [ESPN]
- Pierre LeBrun talks pucks. [ESPN]
- What to do today on Super Bowl Sunday? Some good advice, especially if you are from Detroit. [Holy Taco]
- A caffeinated maple bacon-flavored lollipop exists. [Lollyphile!]
- If you hadn't heard, the Super Bowl is today. My prediction? Colts win going away, Manning named MVP, most of the commercials will suck and The Who will be old and shitty. I like to go out on limbs. [NFL]
This is nightmare fuel. Why does he wear underwear with his suit pants ... and then go pantsless? Oh and I fucking hate American Idol. Just needed to be said.
Prospect Sunday's comin atcha!