Sure, the American men's team wasn't expected to medal. Sure, they beat Canada in the prelims. And yeah, silver medals are pretty nice, I imagine.
But I'll be damned if that loss didn't rekindle a feeling of letdown I hadn't felt since Yzerman's 2OT goal in '96. Shit, now I just made myself sad again. I'm certainly proud of the USA hockey team, but to get that close and...damn.
Also, Sid the Kid joins a list with the likes of Dany Heatley and Steve Yzerman (among others) on it. Enjoy your new middle name, Sidney Fuckin' Crosby.
- Jeff Gordon has some thoughts as the Trade Freeze ends.
- Here's a Blues centered look at the Silver lining from the 2010 Olympics.
- All-Name Team Member Carlo Colaiacovo wants to stay, according to the Globe Democrat.
- Puck Daddy recaps the Gold Medal Game.
- Khabibulin now faces an "extreme drunken driving" charge.
- USA will be proud of their Silver Medals, but not right now.
- Deservedly so, Ryan Miller takes home tournament MVP honors. And a round of applesauce for the rest of the Olympic All-Star Team, which includes Pavol Demitra.
- Detroit vs. Colorado brings us back to regular season hockey tonight.
- Ladies, I found your Craigslist Dream Date.
- In Olympic (non-hockey) news, the USA won gold in the four-man bobsled. First time in 48 years that's happened. It's exciting to watch and Steven Holcomb just seems like a good guy to drink with. Not sure why.
Blues try to climb back into the playoffs starting tomorrow night. Let's hope there's some more highlight reel stuff like this.
And maybe railroading a goalie or two.
After one hell of an Olympic run, welcome back to NHL hockey. Stay tuned for your March wallpaper and a welcome back message from Brad.
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com