The only way the Blues are going to make the playoffs is if they win games. They can't win unless they play. This mini-break is not helping things.
- Matt D'Agostini didn't know anyone on the Blues when he was traded to the team. [Belleville News-Democrat]
- Doug Armstrong, the man behind Larry Pleau, is ready to take over as GM of the Blues. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Erik Johnson and David Backes have silver medals and are showing them off. [Morning Skate]
- Here are your updated playoff chances. [Sports Club Stats]
- Tuesday's games. Games we wanted: Calgary over Detroit (just on principal), Florida over Minnesota and Columbus over the Ducks. Results: Calgary over Detroit, Florida over Minny, and Columbus over the Ducks. Three-for-three. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Wednesday's games. Games we want: Buffalo over Dallas. [Yahoo! Sports]
- The Carolina Hurricanes the foundation for a good defense. So do the Blues. They also have Eric Staal and Cam Ward. The Blues ... well not so much. [Canes Country]
- Things I learned reading this article: 1) Vyacheslav Kozlov is still playing and 2) He's had a crazy life. [Die by the Blade]
- Barry Trotz has 400 wins for the Predators. [On the Forecheck]
- The Coyotes are only going to lose $20 this season. [Phoenix Business Journal]
- The Wall Street Journal asks if a goalie can be a superstar. Martin Brodeur, Curtis Joseph, Patrick Roy, Ed Belfour, Roberto Luongo, etc. should answer that question. [WSJ.com]
- The NHL is finally going to do something about head shots. [TSN]
- Will Jerry Moyes go away? The NHL is suing the former owner of the Coyotes. [TSN]
- Marc Savard is not feeling well, his return is unknown. [ESPN]
- A guide on how to act in an earthquake. If you laugh at this, we'll probably be friends. [Holy Taco]
- People on dating sites should choose flattering pics, not creepy. [Uncoached]
- From NatetheGreat: What will you do for $5? His suggestion is to pay someone from Detroit to fuck up the city even more — they could use the money. [Fiverr]
King d-man Matt Greene has no connection to the Blues — besides being a former member of the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux like TJ Oshie — but this video made me laugh. It starts slow, You can skip the first minute and just enjoy a funny dude.
From J-Mill: Rock Band, Canada style.