Fourth line for the team I liked Sunday: David Backes, Chris Drury and Bobby Ryan. Fourth line for the team I like today: D.J. King, Brad Winchester and Derek Armstrong (just a guess). Bit of a talent dropoff, eh? Oh well, welcome back NHL. You we're missed.
- Blues vs. Coyotes tonight. David Backes and Erik Johnson should combine for at least 4 points. [Blues]
- With the Blues still out of the playoff race, the long-ass road trip coming up will make or break this season. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- As mentioned earlier, Derek Armstrong is back with the big boys. [Associated Press]
- Monday's scores. [Yahoo! Sports]
- The Red Wings kick off the post-Olympic slate with a win over the Avalanche. Fucking Mike Babcock. [TSN]
- Looking at Tuesday's schedule, the NHL is officially back. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Maybe this is why Alex Ovechkin doesn't like the press, they ask him stupid questions about Sidney Crosby all the damn time. [ESPN]
- Being an Oilers fan must really, really suck right now. [The Copper and Blue]
- TV ratings for Sunday's game were outstanding. I honestly don't know anyone who I don't hate who wasn't watching. [ESPN]
- "The Columbus Blue Jackets acquired center Greg Moore from the New York Islanders in exchange for defenseman Dylan Reese." Who? [TSN]
- Steve Ott, one of the most hated players around these parts, has a new deal. Gotta have that fine money. [ESPN]
- Congrats, Jordan Leopold. You have just earned the designation well-traveled defenseman after being dealt for the fifth time since 2000. He's going to the Pens. [TSN]
- Evgeny Artyukhin, who I hope never comes to St. Louis because his name is unbearable, is going to the Thrashers. [TSN]
- Matt Stajan also is getting paid. [TSN]
- Darren Dreger is good at what he does. His job? Report hockey deals. [TSN]
- Snoop Doog as he was meant to be heard, slow and without a Dre beat. Wait, what? [Unique Daily]
- From Señor Gallagher: It's DJ Cullo mixtape time again. [DJ Cullo]
- For the music hat trick today, NPR is streaming the Gorillaz new album for free all week. [NPR]
I've seen this a ton of place, but not here. A Aussie man is in quarantine. He decided to rap about it.
A real GDT will be up later. Plus road music and maybe something else. Who knows. The Blues are back and the playoff push is starting. Come back early and often.