Are the Blues done playing this year? Sure. That part sucks.
It also sucks that both Chicago AND Detroit will be enjoying playoff hockey. But as long as they're around, we can always throw our support behind the team they're up against.
So at least we can put off those pesky withdrawal symptoms a little while longer.
- Davis Payne gives
last minute tax advicehis thoughts on both his and the team's future.
- Looks like Doug Armstrong is supportive of Payne's retention. Final say rests with JD, though.
- Blues fall in the shootout to end the year. Look how far David Perron has come since evolving from the kid who forced his way onto the roster his rookie year. He's traversed Andy Murray's doghouse, probably becoming a better player from the lessons learned, and is now one of 3 Blues to play all 82 this year. Jay McClement and Brad Boyes are your other trivia answers.
- Who'd have figured Modano would make an appearance in a North Stars jersey in Minnesota? That and a ridiculous Sedin twins goal in Puck Daddy's Three Stars.
- The Blues powerplay has been suspect at times this season. But we never did anything like what Carolina did last night, giving up three shorties on the same PP. Dayum.
- Who, oh who, can we rely on to deny the Penguins at the end of the season? Johan HEEEEEEDBEERRRRG! That's who.
- Defending Big D reminisces on all things Modano.
- Alex Kovalev won't be doing his customary "Skip the regular season and turn it on during the playoffs" routine. Torn ACLs will do that sort of thing to you.
- Schedule. Flyers/Rangers winner snags a playoff spot.
- Photographic proof that you can't fix stupid.
- A commercial slogan reference and a birth control joke all in one facebook comment. Oh, you are one sly fox.
- Since it's starting to warm-up, here's a friendly reminder of why sunscreen is your friend.
Davis Payne has done well enough to earn a full-time job with the Blues. Dare I say he's coached...Like A Boss.
Stick around for Prospect Sunday or else. Or else what? Exactly.
And send Averagejoe anything link worthy to gametimelinks (at) gmail.com