As often as I've heard Easter referred to as "Zombie Jesus Day," it's safe to say that nailing down a comeback from a 3-0 hole in a best of seven series AND a 3-0 deficit in the same game qualifies the Flyers as one of the best comeback stories I've ever heard; New Testament included.
- Andy McDonald must suck at 3 Bar. No posts for McGriddles.
- Hey, you try finding Blues News at this hour. Seriously, it's damn near impossible.
- Well, hang on, I found something now. Chris Mason and Lars Eller found their way through to the qualification round of the World Championships and won their opening games, respectively.
- The Flyers
finally succumbed to the Bruins whenfuck that, they won their Game 7 in glorious fashion. Broad Street Hockey rejoices. Stanley Cup of Chowder does not. Puck Daddy has a recap in addition to both Conference Finals' schedules.
- Fun Fact: The Bruins have blown a 3-0 series lead in the playoffs every time they unveil a Bobby Orr Statue depicting his Cup-winning Superman Goal. Don't fuck with Noel Picard even if he's retired. He knows Bobby Plager, goddammit.
- Mike Cammalleri is chasing down Montreal postseason history for his goal scoring efforts. And Fuck Toronto, apparently.
- A guy who probably knows our old boss (Mirtle) makes his case for hockey in Winnipeg.
- If Pensburgh can pull off a Best of Game Threads, I'm sure we can, too. And I'm off to browse the GDTs.
- Spitfires coach doesn't expect Taylor Hall back next year. No shit?
- Think twice before neglecting to pay for an employee's surgery, particularly when his agent has a Twitter account.
- Fear the Fin expects special teams at the forefront for the WCF.
- Chicago Mayor
Richard J. Daley(Way to stay current, ESPN) makes a wager with San Jose's Mayor.
- Go figure. Google somehow collected some personal data with their fleet of street view cars.
- No matter how low you go in life, you've got a leg up on this loser.
Another classic (in my book, anyway).
This is particularly appropriate considering the Man-sized comeback that Peter Laviolette, Mike Richards, and the rest of the Flyers helped orchestrate.
BREAKING NEWS: Poor College Student and AverageJoe have announced a trade
To AverageJoe: Sunday Links and a drink or two courtesy of PCS sometime this summer.
To PCS: Monday Links and the ability to drink excessively with his family around the campfire Saturday night/Sunday morning.
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com