Open thread seemed to go over well, eh? Get used to them. In the summer when nothing happens, I'm going to throw one up.
- Jeff Gordon's piece isn't the most well-written on the Web, but it makes a good point. Drafting players is only part of the puzzle, the Blues have got to develop consistent, talented players. [STLtoday]
- JR chats. Included is news that will probably crush Mr. Tomorrows Blues: The development camp has been canceled. [STLtoday]
- Bernie says the Blues must stick with the plan. They really don't have any other option. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Like we've talked about for years, the Blues are searching for the answer in net.[St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- College pucks are coming to the Drinkscotch in October. [Belleville News-Democrat]
- Ilya Kovalchuk and Alexander Frolov have been contracted by the KHL. [TSN]
- Jarome Iginla isn't going anywhere. Neither is Darryl Sutter. [TSN]
- The NHL is going outside again, this time twice. Pittsburgh gets its second game (first at home) and Calgary will host one in Canada. The Blues aren't involved. [TSN]
- Jonathan Toews and Mike Richards won gold medals and are now trying to win the Cup. Greedy bastards. [TSN]
- This is bizarre, but I think so of you may enjoy it. [Beans]
- Part of me wishes I would have had creative answers when I was failing stats. Both times. [theChive]
- No politics (please), but you have to admit, some of these suggestions for fixing America are funny. I can get behind Ninja Cats and mandatory Truck Nutz. [Newsweek]
- Maverides finds a site that is just terrible at translating. His example was pretty funny — try it for yourself. [Bad Translator]
I really hope Mike Richards watches this and makes Jonathan Toews puke.
I leave you with some tuneage. Enjoy.
Poor College Student has the weekend shift. Hit him up at gametimelinks(at)gmail.com