Still stunned from yesterday's deal. Doug Armstrong has been more aggressive as a GM so far — and he's not offically the GM — than Larry Pleau has been in year. Anyway let's get to the links.
- JR tackles the Halak deal from the Blues side, which most outlets aren't doing. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Bernie Miklasz praises Doug Armstrong for coming into the job like a lion. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Cross Check Raise sent along a ton of stuff regarding Jaroslav Halak. Here's the Montreal side of things. [Montreal Gazette]
- From CCR again: Darren Pang looks at the deal. [Hockey Chats]
- Also from CCR: The trade is being called bold from the Montreal end because GM Pierre Gauthier is new to his job. What about Doug Armstrong? He's not even the official GM. [The Hockey News]
- In case you missed it: the Blues dealt Julian Talbot to Colorado for T.J. Hensick. [The Associated Press]
- Habs Eyes breaks the deal down in depth. [Habs Eyes on the Prize]
- CCR again: The pressure is on Carey Price. [CBC]
- Adrian Aucoin has re-upped with the Phoenix Coyotes. [ESPN]
- Danny Briere and his son are OK after a traffic collision. We don't say accident, because "accident" implies there's nobody to blame. (Name that movie.) [ESPN]
- The competition committee looks at head shots. [TSN]
- Coyotes news. I didn't read it, because I'm burnt out. [TSN]
- John MacLean is the new head coach of the New Jersey Devils. [TSN]
- Barack Obama's signature is pretty awesome, but looks like something else turned on its side. The Web site should give it away. [Accidental Penis]
- Some things are just made better when rendered like an old 8-bit video game. [theChive]
- Ever wonder what it's like to own an Apple product? This cartoon sums it up nicely. [The Oatmeal]
This is like Powerthirst for dogs.
That's it for the links. Brad may have something for later — who knows with him — and I'll have the F-U Friday post up this afternoon.
Now, to watch some World Cup Soccer.
Be good to PCS this weekend. gametimelinks(at)gmail.com