I am in no way qualified for this position, but another fan from here or somebody that one of you know might be. It would appear to be the dream job of a Blues fan that is qualified for it.
If you get the job, please give me a tour of your work place sometime!
Video Editor/Director (St. Louis)
The Scottrade Center/St. Louis Blues is looking for a responsible Video Editor/Director who will act as lead video editor for the St. Louis Blues Marketing Production Department, but also performs other production duties as needed, including producing, live direction, camerawork and scripting. To apply visit http://hockeyjobs.nhl.com/teamwork/jobs/jobs.cfm/Hockey-Operations?supcat=218 or http://www.teamworkonline.com/
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEAD VIDEO EDITOR for the Blues Hockey Club and Scottrade Center
• Producing and editing video features as assigned, primarily focusing on production content required for in-arena display.
• Music selection and sweetening.
• Maintaining the creative style of all our videos and graphics.
• Consulting with the director, producer and/or client throughout the post-production process.
• Organizing production office, including tape library, video files and general office needs.
• Researching history of hockey team for features.
LIVE DIRECTION for Blues and select Scottrade Center events.
• Selecting camera shots and video packages for the video screen.
• Giving cues to talent, stagehands, announcers and control room staff based upon game night script.
• Maintaining order among the staff in the control room, especially in pressure situations.
• Managing union game-night staff.
VIDEOGRAPHER specializing in shooting features and commercials .
• Operating camera equipment with the ability to frame shots quickly and accurately.
• Assisting producer/director with preconceived ideas and physical realities of production setting.
• Having the ability to make the right decisions when operating alone.
• Interviewing talent when necessary.
• Bachelor degree in Broadcasting/Communications or related field preferred.
• A minimum of one (1) year experience as live producer/director for in-house video events or live televised sporting events is preferred.
• A minimum of two (2) years experience as video producer/editor is required.
• A minimum of two (2) years experience as video camera operator is required.
• Experience/expertise on Final Cut Pro editing system preferred.
• Working knowledge of various computer graphics software programs. Photoshop and After Effects background preferred.
• Interest in hockey and St. Louis Blues preferred.
• Ability to brainstorm and collaborate creative ideas with staff.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong teamwork and team synergy skills required.
• Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on the changing priorities of the department.
We offer a competitive salary and superb benefits including medical, dental, life/disability insurance, paid holidays, and a 401(k) plan. If you meet the qualifications outlined above, please submit a cover letter including salary request and confidential resume.
- Location: St. Louis
- Compensation: over 30,000
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.