If Ilya Kovalchuk wants to make a splash, today is the day to do it — this is sports dead day.
- Andy McDonald is now the highest paid Blue. This and other facts made clear in the Blues cap breakdown. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Someone else will have to take the Matt Walker Tour of NHL Press Boxes. Darryl Sydor, the 2009-10 participant has elected to retire and will take a coaching job in the AHL. [Belleville News-Democrat]
- ingmarWbergman was prowling the Si Vault and found this great piece on the fat goalie — Mr. Grant Fuhr. Great lede, great read. The quotes from Brett Hull are awesome. [SI Vault]
- Lighthouse hockey takes a look at Russian prospect Kirill Kabanov. [Lighthouse Hockey]
- The Frozen Four will be in PIttsburgh in 2013 and Philly in 2014. I really just like the "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" reference in the headline. [Western College Hockey Blog]
- The Oilers signed Jean-Francois Jacques, which is apparently French for "Brad Winchester." This is how C&B describes Jacques: "At 6'4", Jean-Francois Jacques is very tall. He is also an extremely bad hockey player - probably one of the worst regular NHL forwards of all time." [The Copper & Blue]
- The frenzy of free agency has died down. [TSN]
- Maxim Lapierre will be back with the Canadiens next season. [TSN]
- Former Blues first-rounder Shawn Belle has resurfaced in Edmonton. [TSN]
- Dan Carcillo has a new contract as the Flyers make it known that they apparently don't care for the salary cap. [TSN]
- Ever wanted to surf the 'net slightly off-center? Now you have the chance. [Uneven Google]
- Papyrus is a shitty font on par with Comic Sans. Help prevent Papyrus abuse. [Papyrus Watch]
- What if Jesus were an asshole? [Windowless Van]
Darryl Sydor never really did much as a Blue, but he was still a badass NHLer with a great career. Here's my favorite Sydor moment.
Chris Gift wants us to remember George Steinbrenner, who passed away Tuesday at 80, by watching some "Seinfeld." I'll allow it.