There's not a whole lot of anything going on in hockey today. I'm pretty certain I saw a tumbleweed roll across my laptop as I put this set of links together.
- Not a damn thing.
- Pierre LeBrun has 5 ideas to improve the NHL. Please don't move Free Agent Day from July 1! I love a legitimate reason to glue myself to hockey news on my birthday
- Puck Daddy picks up on the Pierre LeBrun alternative for the All-Star Game: Round up the finest stars in the NHL and challenge the KHL, the other European leagues, and anybody else in the IIHF. I'm all for this. This makes the exhibition game way more exciting without bastardizing it in the same manner as MLB.
- Big shock. The Canadiens' players are backing Carey Price as their #1 twineminder.
- Hey Phoenix, take a lesson from Dallas and get your team sold already.
- J-Mill does the unthinkable and brings politics to Game Time. Sorta.
- Sometimes history and pop culture makes us picture things differently than they should be.
- Via Pagan, here's some tips on keeping cool.
J-Mill bringing politics into this post wasn't enough, so I called upon Chris Gift to pass along something involving religion. And swearing, too. Can't forget the swearing.
Gallagher has something on deck concerning the likelihood and logistics of a reunion tour with Lee Stempniak.
Until then, does the All-Star Game need adjusting? How about the Skills Competition? Your brilliant solutions in the comments, please.
And enjoy the weekday linkings from Averagejoe starting Monday.
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com