Look, Alex Steen may be overpaid, but the comedy is limitless with his nose. It's good to have him back.
- The PD brain trust debates the Blues needs in free agency. [STLtoday]
- Alex Steen is back with the Blues.[St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Jeremy Rutherford will be chatting at 1 p.m. today. [JR Live]
- Former King Dave Taylor is now the Blues director of player personnel. [Kings]
- Brett Ponich will attend Canada's junior training camp. [Leduc Representative]
- Chris Mason is taking a HUGE paycut to tend the goal in Atlanta. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Dan Hinote is now a coach with the Blue Jackets. [CBC]
- Puck Father looks Day One of free agency. [Puck Daddy]
- A look at the Ilya Kovlachuk situation as it stands now. [Jewels From The Crown
- Behind the Net breaks down almost every deal. [Behind The Net]
- Sergei Gonchar has a new three-year deal with Ottawa. [TSN]
- I know the Canucks needed D, but damn. Dan Humuis is getting paid big bucks. [TSN]
- Shocker: Detroit is poor. [ESPN]
- The contest for the worst opening line of a novel is over. I really want to enter this next year. [Bulwer-Lytton]
- A friend of a friend of Luvhockey has written a book. She wants you all to know. [grocerylists.org]
- These pictures of rockets being launched are badass. [theBRIGADE]
- A collection of images of people doing things wrong. [theChive]
- This is delightfully absurd. [The Oatmeal]
Napalm Fairy sends along this really well done action movie ... using cardboard weapons.
Come back later today for the GM translator.
Poor College Student will guide you through the holiday weekend. Hope everyone has a good Fourth — don't lose any limbs.