I was off work Wednesday. It was a-fucking-mazing. I can't wait to be retired. Only 40 more years left.
- From Healthy Scratch: Keith Tkachuk is no longer a Blue, but still is drinking the Kool-Aid. he likes what he sees in St. Louis, but also calls out the kids to be more consistent. [The Hockey News]
- Jeremy Rutherford will be chatting today. Ask him about all kinds of things, but nothing about the Cardinals bullpen. [JR Live]
- Lars Eller wants to make fans forget about Jaroslav Halak. Good luck with that. [The Globe and Mail]
- SBNation looked at homophobia and hockey today. Derek Zona at the Copper and Blue kicked things off with his piece on how the NHLPA needs to do more. [Copper and Blue]
- In Lou We Trust was inspired by the CandB post and made posted another take on the situation. [In Lou We Trust]
- Anaheim Calling looks at the Bobby Ryan negotiations that go nowhere. [Anaheim Calling]
- Jeff Schultz is staying in Washington. [ESPN]
- Toronto has signed Brett Lebda. Brian Burke going American? I'm shocked. [TSN]
- The Vancouver Canucks will honor former captain Markus Naslund by having his jersey number retired. [TSN]
- Evgeni Nabokov is going to Russia to play in the KHL. [TSN]
- The Kings are once again talking with Ilya Kovalchuk. [ESPN]
- Joe Corvo is going back to Carolina. [TSN]
- I remember Troy McClure from the Simpson's, but you might remember him from ... [Huffington Post]
- A porn star is offering free fellatio to her to twitter followers if the Dutch win the World Cup. Seriously. (Thanks CCR) [Guyism]
- Douchebags have moved beyond "icing" and now are making their bros do crushes or something. [550 Easy]
- I really, really hope this is how the LeBron James thing goes down tonight. [Holy Taco]
Legos are badass.
That's it from me today. We're entering the doldrums of summer. Buckle up, friends.