Just when I got used to it being the 7th month, here comes August. Where has the year gone?
Not a thing. Not a promotion schedule, not a trade, not a signing. All is quite down Brett Hull Way.
- ESPN looks at goalies and d-men. Jaroslav Halak gets some pub. [ESPN]
- Todd White is living Atlanta and joining the Rangers. [Blueshirt Banter]
- Kirk Maltby sucks, but old sportswriters who love things like "grit" want the Red Wings to keep paying him to do not much. [Detroit News]
- The Blackhawks may have given up the quest to repeat: Chicago maybe has signed Marty Turco. [Second City Hockey]
- Optimism runs high in the offseason, even in Edmonton. [The Copper & Blue]
- A bucket list is a list (duh) of things a person wants to do before the die. The Fuck-It List is a list (duh) a things this person doesn't care to do before they die. It's easier to set goals you know you'll achieve. [The Fuck-It List]
- CAPTCHA's, those odd words you have to type to prove you're not a spammer, have become an inspiration to a few artists.[CAPTCHArt]
- Don't have a favorite parasitic flatworm? Read this and you will. [The Oatmeal]
From DJ: Fart jokes are always funny.
From Dan: Animal week may be over but we can still enjoy a song the references an animal. Wait it's not about an animal ...
Maybe some more stuff later — who knows. Just check back early and often.