Friday night is football night. It's starting to feel like fall outside. It's starting to feel like hockey season.
- On the Forecheck introduces you to the Preds new beat writer. [On the Forecheck]
- Nucks Misconduct looks at who took, and who drew, the most penalties last season. Not surprised Ryan Kesler drew the most — if I played against him, I know I'd slash him constantly. [Nucks Misconduct]
- Earl Sleek is awesome. [Battle of California]
- In Lou We Trust plays the blame game regarding Ilya Kovalchuk and the contract that won't get approved. [In Lou We Trust]
- Jordan Staal will miss the beginning of camp with a foot infection. [ESPN]
- Carey Price, aka Smokey McFornicator, is staying in Montreal. [ESPN]
- Antti Niemi is now a Shark. Officially. This was reported yesterday, but it's always wise to get the official word to confirm stories. As Mike Wise showed earlier this week, anyone can make shit up on the internets. [ESPN]
- Blues killer Chris Stewart is getting paid. I figured he'd be making 200-300 less if he never played against the Blues. [TSN]
- Marc Savard's agent goes off on the NHL. [TSN]
- The world of milkshakes is crazier than you think. One complaint about the list: Grape Kool-Aid is "Purple" Kool-Aid. [WomansDay.com]
- First day of school pictures always awkward. No kid is happy to be going back to school. [Buzzfeed]
- Texting can be very dangerous, and I'm not talking about driving. [Manofest]
I've been sitting on this video for a while, but today seems like the perfect day to unleash it on the masses. For starters, Gangster Gibbs is awesome. However, the real reason I wanted to share this with the class is for today's topic of discussion. At 1:16 in the video, a Blues hat makes a cameo appearance. To me, this is the most random Blues logo spotting I've ever seen — the Blues note in a rap video not by Nelly? Never seen it. So I ask you, friends: What's the most random Blues logo you've spotted in pop culture. Does this take the cake?
Anyway ponder that while enjoying Freddie Gibbs.
That's it for me today. Poor College Student will be your tour guide for the weekend. Send him stuff to gametimelinks(at)gmail.com
Also, F-U Friday returns and well, you're not going to want to miss it.