ST. LOUIS MO - JANUARY 10: Lee Stempniak #22 of the Phoenix Coyotes scores a goal against Jaroslav Halak #41 of the St. Louis Blues at the Scottrade Center on January 10 2011 in St. Louis Missouri. (Photo by Dilip Vishwanat/Getty Images)
As a goalie sympathizer, I'm usually the last to admit that something was entirely the goalie's fault. However, 2 soft goals in the 3rd makes for pretty easy analysis as to what was needed to ensure a Blues victory. 1st period saves were great, but if you can't make the simple saves, winning just gets that much harder.
- Blues lose. *Your favorite swear word here* [LKorac]
- Let's check Rutherford, SHIT! Yep, Blues still lost. [Post-Dispatch]
- Maybe Stempniak convinced the Coyotes blog to give us a sympathy point over the internet. Alright, now I'm really grasping at straws. [Five For Howling]
- AP Recap here [Post-Dispatch]
- Chris Osgood is out for about a month and a half with a groin injury. [Puck Daddy]
- Coyotes were busy yesterday. Not only did they win on the road, they sent Wojtek Wolski, league leader in W's that aren't pronounced like W's, to the Rangers for Michal Roszival. This trade may or may not have broken spellcheck. [Five For Howling]
- The Rangers blog came up with a Fanpost detailing the trade negotiations that's on par with some of the One Act Theatre you find around here. [Blueshirt Banter]
- The "Worldwide Leader" figures out who won the trade. As much shit as I give ESPN for how they cover hockey and feature it so rare compared to the other sports, I at least give them kudos for employing guys like LeBrun who sure as hell know what they're doing. [ESPN]
- Back to spellcheck breaking names, Tom Kostopoulos's hit, and the resulting discipline, has sparked plenty of debate about the interwebz. [Puck Daddy]
- Both lament the way Campbell went about this. I'd expect more rule changes about physical play over the off-season. [Canucks Corner]
- Scores. [TSN]
- Since the guy's a Ravens fan, I imagine I'm supposed to hate UWWildthing. And yet, when he keeps bringing the links like he does (good ones, at that), I just can't bring myself to despise him. [Fox]
- More coverage of a great tackle football run. Sports and video game culture together? Sign me up. [Guyism]
- This is how most of my cuisine is prepared. [CollegeHumor]
Here we have Jaro's 3rd period message to goaltender fundamentals expressed in sign language.
Stay around for some all-star game musings from Bradley Leigh Lee.
Now back to nursing my troubles with booze. See you all tomorrow.
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com