We'll know today if we can keep on making fat jokes or if we can start shaking our collective fist at another bunch of waiver-wire vultures.
Until then, I've got links to hold you over. And for some reason or another, there's a shit ton of lists for your enjoyment.
Also, big round of applesauce for Brad Flick for covering my ass when the internet heathens attacked.
- The nice people at the Blues website said that a Blues/Kings preview would be coming soon. Here's hoping it's actually there by the time you click on this. [Blues]
- Kyle Wellwood hopes to stick with the Blues. Something something toasted ravioli something gooey butter cake. [Post-Dispatch]
- With the PP and even the PK presently residing in the shitter, the special teamers are trying to get shit turned around. Playoff teams don't have the kind of percentages the Blues have demonstrated at killing. Even with the injuries, this Blues squad can make the post-season with proper amounts of power play scoring and penalty kill...killing. I'm sure there's a better way to phrase that previous sentence. Now pass me the Kool-Aid. [Post-Dispatch]
- The third monday of January is apparently one of the most depressing days of the year. Here's what hockey fans are depressed about. This list forgot to mention "Gary Bettman." [The Score]
- We might see 11 teams change their jerseys next season. I can only hope they lend themselves to plenty of Jersey Fouls. [Puck Daddy]
- When you play well enough to earn a spot in the All-Star Game, you oughta show up. Ken Campbell wants discipline for those who weasel their way out of participating. Injuries and all that are certainly excusable, but don't wuss out just becasue you don't feel like it. [Hockey News]
- With Prospect Sundays being moved to AZ over the weekend, I hope these TSN draft rankings can hold you over until the next one. [TSN]
- Danny Briere has been fined an amount equivalent to 2,000 Jack in the Box tacos for an end of game altercation. [Broad Street Hockey]
- Zdeno Chara nets his first hat trick and Tim Thomas is the fucking mang. People named Tim kick ass. [Stanley Cup of Chowder] Is that the red or the white?
- Like I said, there's a bunch of lists. This link provides you with a list of lists on Wikipedia. Time wasters? We've got you covered here at Game Time. [Tumblr]
- Know your nintendo sequels. Actually, just know a bunch of shit about nintendo, in general. [Mental Floss]
- I actually plan on living forever. So far, so good. [Cracked]
I've got a backlog of videos that I'll be getting to over the next days. Paperwork Ninja takes care of your laughs via video today.
"First up: Kids like Sesame Street. They also like hip-hop. So, let's combine Bert & Ernie with M.O.P. featuring Busta Rhymes:"
"Second, kids like squirrels. They also like Finnish heavy metal sung at high pitch. So, let's combine the two with some f'ed-up metal squirrel called Pikku-Orava."
I'm off to start another gawdamn semester of school.
Let's go Blues!
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com