Backes may not have touched the puck here, but he gets credit for scaring the puck into the net by way of verbal abuse. That's not an officially kept stat, by the way, but feel free to start recording such instances. (Photo by Dilip Vishwanat/Getty Images)
Just kidding. OSHIE!!!!!!one!!!!
- The Blues lost Kyle Wellwood to the Sharks. [Post-Dispatch]
- JD with some well-spoken criticism: You can't fault the teams for taking advantage of the rules. You can sure as hell call the rule into question, though. [TSN]
- But in other news, OSHIE! Blues win! [Post-Dispatch]
- Ben Eager, who is still in the league, has been dealt to the Sharks. When you want to bring a guy who has a Stanley Cup championship on his resume, Eager has to be near the bottom of the wish list. [Birdwatchers Anonymous]
- Fear the Fin looks at their new toys. [Fear the Fin]
- If Eric Staal or Nick Lidstrom swing by the blogosphere, here's some tips on how to pick your all-star squad. [Down Goes Brown]
- With captains picked, Wysh looks at how Staal/Lidstrom might shake out in the player draft. [Puck Daddy]
- The player/blogger portion of Puck Daddy looks at getting "cute" and how it can drive a coach up a wall. The line "Nice catch, Hayes. Don't ever fuckin' do it again," comes to mind. [Puck Daddy]
- Yet another reason Snuggies are among the worst things ever. [Break]
- I'm always on the lookout for my fellow college students. Here's a handy way to find out how much caffeine it takes to kill you. So, obviously, drink one less than that and you should be good to study all night. You're welcome. [Energy Fiend]
- At least you're family isn't this weird. [Slightly Warped]
- Alternative methods of home security. Now that's thinking outside the box. Or it might be just thinking inside your own home. Whatever. [Bug Comic]
CCR has had this one stuck in his head for a while. Now you will, too.
When more is known about the Colaiacovo injury, I'm sure it'll surface somewhere in the comments or in the Fanshots section.
Gametimelinks (At) gmail.com