Just like the Blues, I know that every
link game counts.
Unless, of course, I feel like taking the
third period other stuff portion off.
- Blues/Avs. Just don't screw up like the Columbus game, ok? That's a reasonable goal. [Post-Dispatch]
- Welcome back: Nikitin and Della Rovere. Until we meet again: Ian Cole and Ryan Reaves. [Post-Dispatch]
- Leave it to another Central division goalie to upstage Jaro's miracle save against the Wings. Pekka Rinne's stick was just where it needed to be. [Puck Daddy]
- And the Preds even pulled out the extra point in the shootout. [On the Forecheck]
- Dominik with the informative, snarky version of the Nabokov saga. [Lighthouse Hockey]
- Just when you started to understand CORSI and Fenwick and other stats, along comes another one. Check it out and agree/disagree with its legitimacy in the comments. [Puck Daddy]
- What's in a name? A brief history of how the teams got their monikers. [Sportsnet]
- Jonas Gustavsson is SO yesterday. Time to get current. It's Reim time in Toronto. [TSN]
- These are nice and all, but do you have them in "bacon"? [Blame it on the Voices]
- Here's your temporary solution to forgetting the Columbus game. Name what you have on hand and you'll have a guide to a cocktail. [Webtender]
- Your grammar lesson for the day. Mind officially blown. [Wikipedia]
- UWWildthing brings news that the economy is even putting the squeeze on football players. Anything to generate revenue, I guess. [SB Nation Minnesota]
- We have Calvin and Hobbes fans here, right? [Angelfire]
UWWildthing sends in the most exciting thing to happen in tennis in a while. This satisfies my inner physics nerd while confirming the only time tennis is entertaining is when something goes wrong. Granted, tennis is better than track when it comes to spectating. Not much better, though.
GTPD has one, too. Since it's an old SNL gig, the actual video can't be shown, but the audio track played with a bunch of still photos in slide show instead will still kick plenty of ass thanks to the presence of David Gilmour. Rock on, Game Timers.
Shake off the Columbus game and take care of bidness tonight, Blues.
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com