I can't confirm that they had to turn the lights out on Payne to get him out of the Mills, but everything out there indicates the Blues were plenty exhausted after Monday's practice.
- Blow a third period lead, get your ass kicked in the next practice. It's a pretty standard response to lackluster play late in the game. [LKorac]
- Concerning the home stand, anytime you get 8 out of a possible 10 points is great. Concerning the last game, that fucking sucked. [Post-Dispatch]
- Michael Leighton, the playoff goalie for the Flyers in their run to the finals, has been placed on waivers. I'd have to imagine he clears and is demoted to the AHL. [Broad Street Hockey]
- Halfway through the season, there's plenty of surprises deserving mention. [From the Rink]
- So much for the Americans overtaking Canada on the junior circuit. [Defending Big D]
- Nobody tell Grapes: One columnist dares to predict visors becoming mandatory. [Puck Daddy]
- Another scary incident involving a skate blade cutting a neck. He's recovering so we can now focus on the bigger story here: They play hockey in Alabama? [The Whig]
- The future of the Winter Classic, the implications of the Bolts' trade, and...I'll be damned, Alex Pietrangelo gets noticed. [ESPN]
- You should have seen this coming: Another DiPietro injury scare. [Puck Daddy]
- As far as video game franchises go, it's hard to get any bigger than Call of Duty. [Milo]
- What to do at an Office Party: A handy flowchart [Collegehumor]
- BizNasty hates PT Cruisers. I hate low-riders. We both get similar ice time. [The Throttle]
- Come see what it looks like when you surf and design websites under the influence. From my trials, it seems like it only responds to more mainstream webpages. [Alcowebizer]
Only you, Carnie. Spiders. Drugs. Enjoy.
That's all for the links. Gallagher has some discussion on Brewer on deck.
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com