Coach Davis Payne voiced his concern over the inability of his team to play a full 60 minutes of hockey. He then went all hybrid Herb Brooks and Gordon Bombay on their asses and focused on fundamentals the past few practices. I'm paraphrasing his pregame interview.
- Hmmm. Elliott may get the nod tonight. I guess I should stop calling him Billy now. [Post Dispatch]
- Switching things up, I'm offering a different game preview. [CBSSports]
- The view from Canes fans - complete with bullet points. [Canes Country]
- I guess those fundamental practices did a team good. [Post Dispatch]
- The enemy without Carcillo; that's still weird. Wait, when was he not suspended? Carry on. [Broad Street Hockey]
- "Potential Problems in Raising the NHL Draft Age." It's sad that I think this is a very long article. [The United States of Hockey]
- 7 players the Puck Daddy staff would pay to watch in an NHL shootout. They missed Gunnar Stahl, so this list's argument is invalid. [Puck Daddy]
Upcoming NHL records and milestones. [Down Goes Brown]
Fight video from the Devils / Sharks game. Ouch. [Puck Daddy]
Shea Weber's hit on Jannik Hansen drew a $2,500 fine. Discuss. [USATODAY]
Did you know the Kings hired a sleep expert to help them prepare for the severe change in time zones? And more interesting potpourri of hockey stuff. [AZ Central]
Wow, Lidstrom is slated to play in his 1,500th career game tonight. That's a lot. [Detroit Free Press]
- [Funny or Die] wearing "sweaters."
- Hanging the sign to your city upside down seems charming. [BBC News]
- United States of Scary Things. MA, AR, and WI are hilarious. [Pleated Jeans]
Train Train Cheechoo train scored a bunch of times for the Rivermen last night so NATURALLY this video is being put into links, again. It won't be the last time either.
Too many Mightyreferences to not.
gametimelinks [at] gmail.com