Confession: Sugar Ray is one of my favorite '90s bands. You can catch them in St. Louis today after that Half Marathon / Marathon thing going on downtown. Good luck to all those running and stuff.
- NOOOOOOOOO. Backes injured? I'm planning on seeing the Captain America movie today; I'm pretty sure he's invincible. It should translate. [Post Dispatch]
- Does this mean the final score was 4-3 instead of 4-2? [NHL]
- Oshie benched in 2nd period, but Coach Payne won't let us know why. [Post Dispatch]
- I failed to mention that the win from Friday was against Hartford. [Puck Daddy]
- I don't think there was a game recap from last night. You all get ESPN as a result. [ESPN]
- Other people are starting to believe in Brian Elliott. He is 3-0. [Twitter]
Dissecting the Division:
- "Capitals have their way with Red Wings." Music to my eyes. Also, look at the picture - Matthieu Perreault is ready for sexy times. [USATODAY]
- The Red Wings just goofing off with Piston's player Jonas Jerebko. The last Piston's player I remember was Darko Milicic. [Puck Daddy]
- The Toronto Sun rips apart the Jackets with adjectives. The Sens destroy morale with 2 goals in the final 36 seconds to beat them. [Toronto Sun]
- Friday, the Jackets lost their 7th game to open the season. Whoa. They are doing quite poorly. And they hate themselves. [ProHockeyTalk]
- I don't know about this, but someone is putting "Nabokov to Columbus Blue Jackets" possible out there on the Internets. [Gather]
- The CBJ's BB team dropped one against the CT Whales last night. We like following the BB teams, right? [The Cannon]
- Chicago. Fail. (To the AVALANCHE!) [ESPN Chicago]
Chicago Blackhawks greats immortalized in bronze outside United Center - Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita. In the picture it looks as if the statues are covered in blood, which makes it cooler. [Chicago Tribune]
- Empty Netters takes on the challenge of going through every game that lead to the Penguins' second Stanley Cup . . . 20 years later. Oh look, Jeremy Roenick and Chris Chelios! [Empty Netters]
- The Preds have been in a slump since they played the Blues a couple weeks ago. They got their mojo jo jo back last night. I challenge you to not sing a few bars from the song mentioned. [The Tennessean]
Predators D man Mattias Ekholm cut by after playing "horrible, absolutely horrible." The fact the Swede can't get a decent cup of coffee over here might have something to do with it. [On the Forecheck]
Not bad, Tesla Coils, not bad.
Some days I give you all the wrong email address, today is not one of those days.
gametimelinks [at] gmail.com