The rumor yesterday was that the Blues were trading for Tuomo Ruutu. What was the rumored Blues piece that would go to Carolina? Clearly, Rusty Zamboni. He hasn't been up to par lately. Fiesty little guy, though.
- EkLOLund. [Donut King]
- The 'Cock doesn't want to scream. He wants to teach. He wants to gently penetrate the minds of his young players. [P-D]
- Russell's injury severity is still a mystery, while Oshie, Sobotka and Langenbrunner all have the potential to return to the lineup Friday night. [P-D]
- Two hot teams in the Predators and Blues will square-off Friday night. With the Blues at home, expect them to have the edge. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Jeremy Roenick thinks the Blues are great. Habs suck. [NHL]
- Scores and storylines. [SBN]
- The USA WJC team lost to Finland 4-1 last night in embarrassing fashion. [SBN]
- Jagr and Talbot return to Pittsburgh tonight. Expect boos. [NHL]
- Crosby won't be there tonight as his concussion symptoms are still bothering him. [Chicago Tribune]
- Your schedule for Winter Classic festivities. [NHL]
- The Blackhawks are... ugh... the best team in hockey right now. That was painful to say. Fucking ow. They're looking to make a trade to make themselves even better. [THN]
- Dipshit Larry Seely thinks that Calgary and Philly are looking to make moves as well. I'm really only linking this article so I can call Larry Seely a dipshit again. [Gather]
- Jonathon Quick got his NHL-leading 5th shutout last night. Now, the Jets have to try and solve him and the surging Kings. [CBC]
- Andrew Raycroft was placed on waivers as Kari Lehtonen is activated from IR. [ESPN]
- The Nuge is NEXT. [ESPN]
- Awkward moments in elevators. [Cracked]
- The annual mash-up of all the top 40 songs of 2011. [DJ Earworm]
- Rejected milk ads. [FoD]
Shit is off the chain.
It has been real St. Louis, but now it's time to go back to work.
gametimelinks AT gmail DOT com