From what I understand, the momentum the Blues carried from the first few games post-All Star Break was smashed into tiny bits by a late comeback and a solid thumping over the weekend, both at the hands of Minnesota.
That about sums it up, right?
- The Blues probably destory Vancouver tonight, giving us just enough false hope to invest our time in playoff dreams. [P-D]
- The Game Time community reaches far and wide. Anybody know the guy with the Blues tat? [Puck Daddy]
- The Isles/Pens game had plenty of fallout and feedback. Among other things: Suspensions for three players and a fine for Long Island. [TSN]
- ...followed by a blast from Mario Lemieux calling out those marginal players who clutch and grab and do the types of things that Matt Cooke does, which was subsequently written about by PD. [Puck Daddy]
- And some breakdown from the Pittsburgh folks. Of course, every other team was glad to see Pittsburgh lose and get beaten, apparently. [Pensburgh]
- Glorious leader Bettman answers questions about the Heritage Classic. Don't tell him it's just to get Canadians off his back, otherwise he'll go all angry elf on your ass. [Calgary Herald]
- Guess who had analysis of that interview? [Puck Daddy]
- Good for past generations figuring out modern technology, but some parents just don't have a clue when it comes to texting. [Crazy Things Parents Text]
- Music can crawl in your head and do all sorts of weird shit. [Cracked]
- Ladies of GT, is this list an accurate Top 10 on how to get the womenfolk? [Ask Men]
- Other than bacon vodka (horrible, fyi), this might be the only bacon flavored thing I'd avoid. [McPhee]
After earning a whopping one point through a big home and home against the Wild(s), there's no better way to describe the Blues' play than that of a big ol' bucket of fail.
And when Brett Hull speaks, CCR and I listen.
Hope your Valentine's Day (or Single Awareness Day, if you look at it that way) doesn't suck.
Let's go Blues!
gametimelinks (at) gmail.com