In this batch of links, times are fondly recalled involving Ty Conklin's afro wig, Burkie's truculent Olympians, and the fact that Ryan Kesler should still have a pounding coming his way since the lady of David Backes is way out of Kesler's league.
- This year's Blues Casino Night had a distinct lack of Ty Conklin in an afro wig, but provided some photo ops anyway. Check out Jaro eyeing the happy couple in his photo. That's an envious look if I ever saw one. Maybe his break-up is the problem here! [Blues]
- That blueline corps down at 14th and Brett Hull Way certainly looks better with Petro and N64 in the fold. [Post-Dispatch]
- Thanks to the 2010 Olympics and his truculent style, Brian Burke will always have a spot in the links to reminisce about his USA squad. [ESPN]
- I have no idea who this "Laura" person is that Puck Daddy quoted, but Hildymac will be happy to know there's another devoted female Thrashers fan. Of course, the relocation rumors suck, but still. [Puck Daddy]
- Joel Quenneville was hospitalized yesterday for something non-cardiac related. Since I don't know for sure what happened, I can only assume that his mustache ended up saving him from a near death experience. [Chicago Sun Times]
- I don't see how he didn't sustain a concussion, but stranger things have happened. Burkie says Grabovski is among the nonconcussed after being hit hard twice by Zdeno, league leader in height. [Puck Daddy]
- Meanwhile, Mirtle looks for a concussion code. [Globe and Mail]
- After last night's scores, the Blues find themselves 9 points out. [TSN Scores] -- [Standings]
- For tonight, root hard for the Rangers as they're taking on the Kings at MSG. That's about the only game that has any ramifications for our playoff hopes.
- Some loudmouth rookie "defenceman" for Montreal is mouthi...what? It's not about Subban? Oh, I'll be damned. [TSN]
- Fuck Ryan Kesler and all (You don't talk about Mrs Backes like that!), but seeing a guy with his playing style entering the Hart discussion is great for the defensive forwards out there. It's unfortunate that he'll lose based on point totals, but good on him for giving PK guys some pub. [Puck Daddy]
- It's all over twitter and I haven't found a story on it yet, but Paul Mara goes from Anaheim to Montreal in exchange for a 5th rounder in 2012. Go about your day.
- The Simpsons have sold a lot of products over the years. Real ones, too. I'm not talking KrustyBurgers here. [Huffington Post]
- Laser eyes added on any picture? Humanity can stop creating websites. We have a winner. [Laserey.es]
- This was somewhere in my top 30 in terms of Things I Thought I'd Never See: A Great Gatsby NES rom. [GreatGatsbyGame.com]
Since good music is never a bad idea for a links vid, enjoy this submission from the Game Time Prospect Department
And when BizNasty tweets up a video, you better fucking watch it.
Hartigan comes in for some weekend linkage. Help her celebrate President's Day weekend accordingly by sending shit in to gametimelinks (At) gmail.com. Do people even "celebrate" President's Day?