The Blues start the annual Western Canada Swing tonight against the NHL-leading Vancouver Canucks. Time to put that marketing to use, guys. Not the first time anybody has said that here.
- Halak may be close to returning, but J. Rutherford doesn't think that'll help the Blues in the long run. Why? Well, it's something we all know too well: playing 60 minutes isn't the Blues' strong suit. [P-D]
- Vodka is back at center. [P-D]
- Blah blah blah these are important games. Every game is important when you're sub-.500 past the first 13 games of the season. [Bleacher Report]
- I'm only linking this story so you can see Jeff Gordon believe one of Fuckface Eklund's rumors. Barret Jackman going somewhere? Did your dog pick that for you, Eklund? [P-D]
- Peter Stastny thinks the Blues got the better of the blockbuster deal pulled last week. He fumed over it on KMOX and, man, he sounded pissed. Go Nordiques. [TSN]
- Expect Canadian teams to get trade happy leading up to the deadline. [TSN]
- Scottie Upshall is a dummy and will be suspended 2 games. [Puck Daddy]
- Wayne Gretzky stopped by CBS' "catty bitch roundtable program" to challenge The Biebz to an air hockey game. [Puck Daddy]
- USA Today looks at the top 10 trade deadline questions. I'm really tired of hearing about Brad Richards. You ever feel like the media just gangs up on a player for months so that a team eventually trades them, creating a distraction for both the player and the team all season? I'm looking at you, Carmelo Anthony. Nobody gives a shit about you. [USA Today]
- The Mustache is back behind the Blackhawks' bench. [NBC Sports]
- Don't know what to drink at a given moment? This flow chart will help you. [Sublime Directory]
- Impress your friends at parties this weekend by dropping some amazing facts on them. [Mental Floss]
- A 95 year-old woman is raking it in as an escort. Wizard sleeve etc etc. [The Daily Mail]
INTERIOR CROCODILE ALLIGATOR. I DRIVE A CHEVROLET MOVIE THE-A-TER.
Hartigan, she's a Canuck's worst nightmare. / Give her some links, you know she'll be right here.
She's shinin' and spinnin' like a CD-ROM. / gametimelinks AT gmail DOT com.