Jonas Hiller spit-takes with laughter when told that the St. Louis Blues would be coming to town tomorrow.
When was the last time the Blues had this many days off? It seems like ages.
- See above opening statement. [P-D]
- "I know how to hit people!" "That wasn't a hit, Cal! That was... falling with style." [Puck Daddy]
- The GMs have determined that there are 5 simple steps to a safer NHL. What do you think of their plan? [Puck Daddy]
- Don't fucking roast me here, but for once, I agree with Andy Strickland. You don't need 5 steps to make the game significantly safer. You just need one: make the rinks bigger. [Hockey Buzz]
- Ah, but Jan Murphy has an even better one step solution: the players need to be less stupid. The one problem with that is, well, players are stupid. [The Whig]
- Crosby is skating. Hooray! The NHL is saved! Fuck Crosby. [NHL.com]
- After splitting time between two young goaltenders this season, the Washington Capitals have found success with their third-string, rookie goaltender, Braden Holtby. [USA Today]
- Chris Pronger is injured again. This time, for 3-4 weeks. [P-D]
- NESN asks which city would you like to see an NHL franchise relocate to. [NESN]
- Jay Bouwmeester is one game away from setting the record for consecutive games played. [Winnipeg Free Press]
- Terry Motherfucking Crews. [Kuvaton]
- I can't stop making music with this simple sine-wave synthesizer. [aM laboratory]
- 50 Bizarre Laws from around the world. [Divine Caroline]
Say what you will about Louie, but I think the stuff he does is great. Watch him play "Angry Birds" before Saturday night's game vs. Detroit.