Multi-point nights for Chris Porter and Cam Janssen means you better win that game because that ain't happening ever again. As a member of the Chris Porter fan club, to see him do that cocky shrug after his second goal was the funniest thing I've seen all year. Cam's celebration and interview with Pang was top notch, too. It's nice to hear a guy not say, "Oh well we've got to give 110% and get bounces going our way, etc."
Man, I drank a lot last night.
- The Blues scored the most goals by an NHL team since 2009 last night and set a team record for most goals in Detroit. [P-D]
- 20 years ago, Brett Hull scored number 86. [P-D]
- The Doug Armstrong Wheel of Justice will spin for T.J. Oshie today. [P-D]
- If there's a third string goaltender in the game, the Blues will score 9 goals at minimum. [SB Nation]
- Coolest name in the NHL contender Mark Giordano kneed Bobby Ryan last night. Guess who doesn't like that? [Puck Daddy]
- More Death Watch action. Could Montreal have a late season collapse? [Puck Daddy]
- The world is spinning again because Sidney Crosby is cleared for practice (and blowjobs from the media). [TSN]
- Lord Douche Joe Thornton will be reaching his 1000th career point soon. [SJ Mercury]
- Down Goes Brown takes a realistic look at who's going to win the awards this season. [DGB]
- The Hurricanes did manage to stave off elimination last night with a convincing win over Montreal. [Montreal Gazette]
- If you've got a fantasy team (which also means you have no penis) and need a new goaltender, look no further than Toronto's Optimus Reim. [The Cheap Seats]
- Ron Wilson will remain head coach of said Maple Leafs for another year. [TSN]
- Here's the closest thing you're going to get to NHL2Night. "Inside the NHL" is a weekly show on ESPN.com every Thursday that actually has production values. No more Burnside and LeBrun vlogging from their hotel rooms. Thank... goodness. [ESPN]
- ˙spuǝıɹɟ ɹnoʎ ɥʇıʍ ʍǝɹɔs puɐ uʍop ǝpısdn ǝʇıɹʍ [WUSD]
- Play old LCD games right on your browser! Tiger Electronics games? Game and Watch? It's all here. [Pica Pic]
- If you don't want to fuss with emulators, Play Nintendo does the same thing as Pica Pic, only with NES and SNES games. [Play Nintendo]
In honor of Wrestlemania this Sunday, here's probably the greatest wrestling match that has ever been broadcasted (on cable, not PPV). It's still a favorite of mine.
Hartigan is here tomorrow. On Monday, maybe these will be back up early morning. No guarantees. I've had to reboot my Internet every day this week.
gametimelinks AT gmail DOT com