We all knew the Blues weren't going to make the playoffs weeks ago (some called it months ago, and every last one of you can kiss my ass), but as of tonight we have been officially mathematically eliminated from the post season. So what now? Do you stop watching hockey altogether? Watch the games for the game of hockey, without an emotional investment? Or do you pick one team and root for them to go all the way? Personally, I choose the latter. I pick a team from the western conference (cause seriously, the east blows), and root for them like I would the Blues. Who do I have to pick from this year? (I am assuming dallas and calgary aren't getting in)
1. Vancouver- Root for the Sedin sisters and the freaky looking Bobby Lou? No thanks.
2. San Jose- I still bear resentment from when we won the president's trophy, and for frenchie still being loopy. And for my dad moving out to California and switching from rooting from the Blues to the Sharks just to piss me off. Fuck the Sharks.
3. Detroit- HAHAHAHAHA, HOW WERE THOSE 10 GOALS DOUCHEBAGS?
4. Phoenix- A team with no real superstars who are operating under serious ownership issues? Sounds familiar.
5. Los Angeles- They lost their top 2 scorers, they're screwed.
6. Nashville- Don't like them, don't know why, don't really care.
7. Anaheim- Emery is a great story, although I am gonna miss his anger issues. Looks like I have 2 possibles
8. Chicago- Kane pees sitting down. Toews is the Keanu Reeves of hockey. Turco is a joke, Crawford is gonna be in way over his head, and I would sooner stick my dick in an oven than root for the Hawks.
So really, the only teams to choose from are Phoenix and Anaheim. I'm going to go with my gut on this one, and choose Phoenix. Those guys have bought into the system, and even though they play for an empty arena, and for a team that could be moving as soon as next season, they play with heart. Who are you all picking?