Score a series winning goal against the Hawks and suddenly you're loved by a regionally semi-famous hockey blog in St. Louis. Yep, that's apparently how it works.
- The Blues players are helping the storm relief efforts by kicking in $10,000 to match the same amount donated by the 14 fund. Clearly, two economic experts in the comments wanted more to be given. [CBSSports]
- Nothing's posted as of 12:30 when I wrote this, but there'll be something up recapping one goddamn intense game 7 in Vancouver. [Nucks Misconduct]
- The end of the Sabres' season went a lot similar to Sergeant Hulka during basic training: BLOWN UP, SIR! [Puck Daddy]
- Also BLOWN UP was Montreal's Jaroslav Spacek, courtesy of Milan Lucic who was ejected and may face supplemental discipline. Oh, another game 7 was forced. Go figure. [Stanley Cup of Chowder]
- Avert your eyes, visting Leafs fans. Kerry Fraser answers some questions about the game, the rules, and the non-call on Gretzky. [TSN]
- I don't know how this came to be, but maybe somebody figured that since the Canucks hadn't shown the ability to play with a lead, why not have them play from behind? [Globe and Mail]
- The Masterton Trophy noms are out. Anybody else think Ray Emery is a lock for this one? [TSN]
- Something something something Coyotes sale something. At this point, it feels like the process has been ongoing for approximately 14 yeasrs. [TSN]
- Time to put a bow on round 1. Tampa/Pitt follows Montreal/Boston tonight. [TSN]
- Sean Connery: The Musical. Why hasn't this happened already? [Gorilla Mask]
- Now presenting "Great Moments in Drunk" [TruTV]
- Leave it to humanity to stick with bad ideas just...just because, dammit. [Cracked]
This will win the Academy Award for Best Movie Ever Made. Just sayin'
And thanks to an e-mail submission, GT can now enjoy 4 (million) times the steak.
You're off the hook, Marc Crawford.
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com