A shot of the Game 7 game winning goal.
No hockey until Wednesday. The Indy 500 is today, PRIMUS has a show in St. Louis, and Memorial Day is tomorrow. Other than that, I've got nothing.
Zip. Zilch. Nada.
- Here's a thought - have the Finals Home/Away schedule change depending on the distance between the two teams. Far, far away 2-3-2 split. Closer together 2-2-1-1-1. Too confusing for me. [The Big Mac Blog]
- Clearly this picture was not taken in Winnipeg. Shorts? Really? Area police have a contingency plan to combat riots that will occur when an announcement is made - whether they get a team or not. [Toronto Sun]
- It's official - Manny Malhotra cleared to play. [Nucks Misconduct]
- Wait, there is a Boston Pizza? Can. Not. Compute. I'll sort this out later, in the interim it's called Vancouver Pizza. [Puck Daddy]
- "The Lightning is a modern version of Rasputin. Or Doug Gilmour. It can't be killed. And it won't ever go away." Well, it's time to say goodbye to another fallen team. [Puck Daddy]
- The Memorial Cup final is sold out. [CBC Sports]
- The supposed lure of free agents to the Red Wings explained. [The Detroit News]
- Oprah-fy yourself. [Oprah.com]
- Shopping cart prank of excellence. [The Daily What]
- Australia brought us Aussie Rules Football, Tim Tams and now Planking. A collection of some of the best Planking pictures. [Geekosystem]
Today is the first ever Primus Day in St. Louis. Here's a video to get you in the mood.
My local symphony has a special Memorial Day concert tomorrow commemorating something something Civil War something 150 years ago. They used my suggestion of playing the theme from "Gone with Wind," but most people my age haven't seen the movie.The real tragedy is that most people my age haven't seen Carol Burnett's version. Be enlightened.
Brad Flick is back tomorrow to help alleviate the pain from the void of hockey.
gametimelinks [at] gmail.com