It's Memorial Day and there's no hockey until Wednesday. Odds that you're reading these links: very slim to none. If you're somehow here on a holiday, buckle in for some brief, mild entertainment. Whoooo... eeeeehhhh...
- Cybersquatters are trying to guess the name of Winnipeg's new team to earn some money. I really hope the new Winnipeg team will be named "Moose," because cybersquatters are assholes. [Toronto Sun]
- Super surprising news: Stanley Cup tickets cost a lot of money. [Puck Daddy]
- Montreal and Calgary each held the Olympics one year and won the Cup the following year. Vancouver hopes to be a part of that lucky lineage with a win in the finals. [Reuters]
- A case for Todd McClellan, stating why he should continue to
suckcoach the sharks. [bettor]
- Hey, guy, there will be ratings abound in Canada. [Globe and Mail]
- Another super surprise that totally has never been made apparent by Cam Janssen: the enforcer role is slowly fading away. [CTpost]
- Derpy Dirk Nowitzki wishes the NBA Finals were like the NHL Finals when it comes to scheduling format. [Star-Telegram]
- The Winter Classic unis were leaked last week, which showcase the Flyers sporting some amazing Philly Quaker throwbacks! [Bleacher Report]
- ESPN axes itself some questunz. [ESPN]
- Fun little flash app where you learn how Google has worked throughout time. [Portfolio]
- The 6 Most Badass Weapons Ever Improvised in Battle. [Cracked]
- Desserts to make today. AMRKA. [Buzzfeed]
- 50 State Stereotypes in 2 minutes. [The Daily What]
To celebrate AMRKA, here's a bunch of people getting hurt throughout the month of May.
Enjoy yourselves today.
gametimelinks AT gmail DOT com