I can't remember the last time basketball finished before hockey. Maybe that'll let people soak in the Stanley Cup that much more when it it hoisted. Nah, they'll probably just show a 2-minute highlight and then cut away to Mel Kiper Jr. for the 2012 NFL Draft or LeBron's Twitter.
- CHRIS PORTER FAN CLUB. [P-D]
- When the Canucks win, they play Cliffhanger in their dressing room. Apparently, this board was supposed to remain some sort of secret and all the players sound irked when asked about it. Why? [Puck Daddy]
- Tim Thomas responds to Luongo's bitch comments. [NHL]
- Julien, too. [NHL]
- No Heritage Classic next season, which means the idea of an outdoor game will remain special. [Puck Daddy]
- The Flyers are cap-strapped and need to make room. Who should they deal/release to get under the cap? Do you think the Blues should go after someone like Jeff Carter? [CSN Philly]
- Or could it be Ville Leino or one of these other Free Agents that don the Note? [Bleacher Report]
- I actually watched basketball last night to see who would win the title (I want to be able to dish at the water cooler) and the celebration after the game was one of the worst I've ever seen. For hockey, the Mavs boring title win will make the prestige and shock of the Stanley Cup all the better. [SB Nation]
- Aaron Rome to his suspension: fuck dat. [Vancouver Sun]
- 50 things you need to see on the Internet before you die. [Bill Doty]
- Zombies protested in Wisconsin to dispute the state's budget, but the timing may have been poor on their part. They interrupted a Special Olympics ceremony. [WISN]
- In March, a man fired his gun over slow service at Denny's and got arrested. Best story. [WFTV]
Thugs for the Lord.
gametimelinks AT gmail DOT com