Happy 4th of July, everyone! Enjoy these links and then a video where somebody blows their nuts off with fireworks.
- Hildy posted this yesterday, but in case you missed it, welcome the Blues' latest signing, Brett Sterling. [SB Nation]
- The big (and only news, really) from yesterday was the blockbuster(?) swap of Martin Havlat and Dany Heatley. They both were paid too much money to suck, so a change of scenery was inevitable. [Globe and Mail]
- Wysh on why Heatley became tradeable for the Sharks. I just like the picture they used of him. It screams "receiver." [Puck Daddy]
- The Predators have somehow convinced someone else to don their latest set of ugly jerseys. Niclas Bergfors signs for 1-year/$750,000. [Washington Post]
- Jagr will make sure that he kicks ass for the Flyers. [phillyBurbs]
- Can anyone else believe that Steven Stamkos isn't signed yet? [Sporting News]
- It seems that almost every journeyman NHL player somehow ends up on Long Island at some point in their careers. Welcome to the club, Marty Reasoner. [Rochester D&C]
Forget "other stuff," let's just get to the fireworks.
And now, a compilation of people sticking bottle rockets in their butt and failing.
These are the freedoms that we fight to protect. Happy 4th!
gametimelinks AT gmail DOT com