One of the positives that comes from the preseason is that I actually have new photos to choose from now. I was running out of options down the stretch there.
- Blues beat Tampa again 4-3. Adam Cracknell with your game winner. [AP]
- The game from Tampa's end. [Raw Charge]
- The scene in Orlando. [Florida Today]
- As you've probably heard and read by now, Dave Checketts hates money. [P-D]
- The Blues face the Wild tonight at DrinkScotch. Who's going? [Blues]
- Mike Modano retired yesterday. Brett Hull noted that he is the greatest U.S. player of all time. True story. [ESPN]
- Sure, Mike Modano has a lot of memories, highlight reel goals and a Stanley Cup, but nothing beats this moment. [Puck Daddy]
- Winnipeg will be hosting the NHL's "Face-Off Festival" to commemorate the start of the season and the league's return to the city. [NHL]
- No surprise: Mark Streit is the 13th captain of the Islanders. [SF Chronicle]
- One of the longest tenured GMs in the NHL, Jim Rutherford, has been extended with Carolina for another 4 years. [LA Times]
- Jody Shelly's hit last night will more than likely test the new judgment of NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan. [Puck Daddy]
- With re-alignment looming, many teams are lobbying to join the Eastern Conference. Well, this writer here says that only Winnipeg should move West and only one team should move East. Do you agree? [Vancouver Sun]
Fuck "other stuff." Fuck "Google+"
gametimelinks AT gmail DOT com