I know, right? So disappointing. When I see Bernie, I expect high-fives.
- Bernie Federko remembers Pavol Demitra. [KSDK]
- Aaron Schafer of The Riverfront Times wasn't a huge hockey fan, but he loved watching Pavol play. [RFT]
- If you weren't at Busch Stadium last night, they observed a moment of silence for Pavol and Igor Korolev before the game. [Cardinals]
- The KHL is already devising a plan to rebuild the Lokomotiv in order for them to play this season. [NHL]
- Cory Stillman is retiring and joining the Florida front office. [NHL]
- Here's what you need to know about Sidney Crosby's press conference. [Puck Daddy]
- The KHL season will be delayed until Sept. 12th, two days after the memorial for the Lokomotiv will be held. [Puck Daddy]
- The Penguins have signed Richard Park to a two-way contract. Park played in the Swiss League last season and was originally drafted by Pittsburgh. [Montreal Gazette]
- Will the blockbuster trade from last season work out for the Avalanche this season? [TSN]
- This off-season sucks. [The New Yorker]
- Why did Zach Parise only sign a one-year contract? Will he be testing the waters of free agency next season? [NHL]
- Some elementary school girl has a new "hit" single. "Snap My Fingers" is my new jam. So awful. [Wimp]
- Nike is going to make the shoes from "Back to the Future" available for purchase. Give me 10, please. [Slashfilm]
- Also, Ben & Jerry's is rolling out their Schweddy Balls, a new flavor inspired by the "Delicious Dish" NPR sketch on SNL. [MSNBC]
The sound of this baseball smacking the bleachers has yet to be not funny. I laugh every time.
Whoever maintains SB Nation, your "publish" button is broken. I've been trying to click that thing for two hours now after it didn't auto-publish this morning. I had to downgrade Firefox to get it to work.
Hartigan is here for the weekend. Link her things like you give a damn.
gametimelinks AT gmail DOT com