The Blues have been beaten after scoring three goals. I don't know what to believe any more. Cats and dogs living together must be next on the docket.
And of all the people in all the NHL in all the gin joints in all the world, why'd it have to be Kane?
I'm still pissed at Kane for his lackluster 2010 Olympic performance. Seriously, that USA team presented the best chance at any sort of championship on a tournament level with the least amount of guilt or weird feelings about rival teams' players getting something. Only one Hawk (Kane) and one Wing (Rafalski) compared to two Blues players that we all loved, or at least thought we loved at the time in Johnson's case. Only non-American Olympian for the Blues was Polak out there in Slovakia or some other country that Don Cherry thinks just wears a giant collective visor on its helmet. Compare that to 2014 where the USA squad could very well feature more Blues: Backes and Oshie are probable, Shattenkirk could be there. However, the downside of that USA roster is that we might be rooting for a team with Jimmy Howard as its starting netminder. That would be horrible. The last factor I'm considering is the likelihood of other Blues playing for nations not named USA that would bring me sadness considering not all of them can win: Petro should be shutting people down for Canada, Polak won't be going anywhere for Slovakia along with Jaro Halak, Bergie should very well be playing for Sweden, and hell, the Schwartz's and Tarasenko's of the world could be considered for their nations if they prove big time in the NHL.
At any rate, I think the whole point of that was to be pissed off at Kane or some shit.
And don't act like the NHLers won't be going to Sochi. Alex Ovechkin said so.
- Patrick Kane's shootout goal proved to be the winning tally. [STLToday]
- If it helps, you can look at the standings and still see the Blues at the top of the heap. [TSN]
- I always imagine the rule change suggestions at the NHL GM conclave to be something similar to a bunch of chemists in a lab with test tubes and beakers and shit. Brian Burke's tie is still askew in this imaginated world, also. Scott Howson is made to wear two layers of protective goggles and gloves for when he inevitably does something stupid. I never said this imagined world made sense. [Puck Daddy]
- Hey, Steve MacIntyre, are you aware that you're actually drinking Columbian decaf coffee crystals? [Total Pro Sports]
- Sean Avery decided to chuck his fashionable skates into the Hudson. [The Score]
- While this concept SOUNDS fun, it's important to remember that one of the biggest disappointments in human history is a combination of a couch and a bed. [The Chive]
- I know each and every one of these moves. [Pleated-Jeans]
You should've seen this coming after the headline.
Somehow I'll learn how to get along after seeing the Blues lose after scoring three goals.
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com