If you go to a Blues road game, all you'll hear from the home fans is, "Goddamn you, Brian Elliott," over and over.
"My team got shutout by the Blues, therefore the Blues are a boring team." -Fans of every team
- The Blues get their 14th shutout of the season and set a new franchise record for goose-eggs in a 4-0 win over the Coyotes. [P-D]
- With the Blues in first and the West playoff race in complete flux, it's hard to predict who the Blues will take on in the first round. [P-D]
- Scores: The Predators crushed the Blackhawks to the delight of everyone, Sidney Crosby scored again in another Penguins win and the Panthers are slumping at the wrong time. [Boston Globe]
- Your playoff races, by the numbers. [NHL]
- The Jets aren't mathematically eliminated from playoff contention, but you might as well stick a fork in 'em. They're done. [Globe and Mail]
- Jamie McGinn thinks the Avs are still in the thick of things. I want them to get the 8th seed so bad for various, Erik Johnson-related reasons. [Denver Post]
- Could the Penguins overtake the Rangers for the Eastern Conference lead? [CSN Philly]
- It's time to do away with the pity point. Fuck it. [Canada.com]
- In September, Quebec City will break ground on a new NHL arena. So, three more years of a Canadian city trying to plant the seeds to steal another struggling franchise? Let's end the suspense before it starts: you can have Columbus, Canada. [CBC]
- Ed Belfour was honored at last night's Blackhawks game. You know what to do. [NHL]
DAN AYKROYD AND TOM HANKS RAPPING.
gametimelinks AT gmail DOT com