I'm cool with this being the only hiccup in the road trip. We ain't scared.
- The Blues went 5-1 on their 10-day road trip. Considering how far they traveled and how close the games were to one another, this run is impressive. [P-D]
- With Hitchcock, the Blues are among the NHL's elite. Toronto wishes that they could've had some of this action. [P-D]
- You rarely see a team win with two No. 1 goalies nowadays. [NHL]
- The penalty-kill unit turned itself around on the road trip, shutting opposing power-plays down almost entirely. [The Hockey Writers]
- Scores. The notable tally is the Red Wings' loss to the Blackhawks. The Blues move into first in the Central with that regulation loss. [SBN]
- Jimmy Howard was injured in that game. He's day-to-day. [LFP]
- Duh: being in LA is better than being in Columbus. We didn't need Jeff Carter to prove that, but he did anyway. [LA Times]
- The war of words between Don Cherry and Brian Burke is heating up. [Puck Daddy]
- What the fuck is the Washington Capitals' deal? [Puck Daddy]
- Fire Tim Peel. [LA Times]
- The Lake Erie Otters only dressed one goalie in a game against the Niagra IceDogs. When that goalie got injured, a center had to play dress up. [Deadspin]
- If you didn't catch it during yesterday's NHL on NBC broadcast, here's the "You Can Play" spot that supports LGBT athletes. [HuffPost]
- John Belushi died 30 years ago, so Dan Aykroyd has put together a Blues Brothers revue that will stream on Facebook this evening. [Vintage Vinyl News]
I need three or four glasses of beer.
gametimelinks AT gmail DOT com