The Blues still have done a shitty job of closing out 2 games out of the three so far. I worry about San Jose feeling good about their opportunities coming back late in the series. On the other hand, the silver lining of giving Hitchcock something to keep the boys humble and focused for the rest of the series gives me the notion that the Blues won't fuck up like that again. At least that's how I hope it works out.
Also, Brad Flick has boneitis so I'mma shake the cobwebs off and get back in game shape.
- All they did is win. [Post-Dispatch]
- Violence: The NHL Playoffs has it in spades. [Post-Dispatch]
- Like Gallagher or whoever wrote in the recap, Bergie's getting his shit together. [Post-Dispatch]
- Up 2 games to 1 beats the hell out of being down 2 games to one. Still, it's not as good as being up 3-1. I should've just named this section "A bunch of Post-Dispatch articles." [Post-Dispatch]
- Arnott is using his magical old man powers for the good of the Blues. In Monty Python years, however, 37 is not old. [Post-Dispatch]
- The hearings for Neal and Asham are today. My prediction: Varying amounts of people vehemently agree and disagree with the decisions handed out by Shanahan. [TSN]
- Todd Bertuzzi is taking his ping pong table and he's going home. That'll show those bastard Preds. [Puck Daddy]
- Playoff draft pool: DGB style. [Down Goes Brown]
- "Daniel Sedin returning to the ice means a guaranteed series victory for the Canucks." --No one. At least not anyone rational. [TSN]
- Via last night's GDT: Each and every page of this thread is pure gold. Submitted for your approval, it's HF Playoff Photoshops. [HockeysFuture]
- While the questionable plays and violence has ratcheted up a notch for the NHL playoffs, the NBA has increased wet willies during the regular season. [DeadSpin]
- Before you accept that friend request, give this flowchart a look. [CollegeHumor]
- I'd get a second opinion on whoever wrote those instructions. [WorldWideInterweb]
UIWWildthing sends this in. Clearly, they gave Powerthirst a look before they put this together.
You got something funny, informative, or absurd? Hit us up at Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com
Or don't. Either way.